BSMA Award for Supply Chain Management Innovation
Winners will be selected by a prestigious panel of judges and honoured at BSMA’s Annual Conference on October 22, 2020, at the Crowne Plaza Suites, Foster City, CA. Dr Phil Kaminski, Chairman, Department of IE & OR, UC Berkeley, will be the Chairman of the Awards Committee.
BSMA SCM Innovation Award Winners will receive:
- Recognition at the BSMA 13th Annual Conference
- A prestigious iconic award
- Two complimentary full conference passes to BSMA’s 13th Annual Conference, and Networking opportunity with executives and other award-winning colleagues
- Your innovation story featured in the BSMA press releases and posted on the BSMA website
- Opportunity for an interview to be published by BSMA
BACKGROUND FOR THE AWARD
This award recognizes that increasing pace of innovation, regulatory issues, and overall distribution complexities of the industry produce extraordinary supply chain opportunities. Integration of supply chain management with R&D and sales & marketing organizations is the key to fully capturing business opportunities, increasing speed-to-market, and reducing costs. Product introduction is accelerating and there is an increasing level of interest in ways that all parties can work together to optimize the supply chain to support and sustain market demands. Efforts to overcome counterfeiting, potential recalls and patent-expiration as drugs progress through their life-cycle is improving patient safety. Furthermore, collaboration in the end-to-end supply chain of the biotech industry is the key for Jay Forrester’s stated objective to “minimize system-wide cost for supply chain management optimization” to be realized. Consequently, recognizing innovation is deemed critical for the growth of biotech.